Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whistles Clothing

Today I was out thrift shopping with my mum when I found this rather stylish yet different jacket.
I loved it instantly. I love the lace, I love the detail and I love the style.


I have bought items from thrift shops before that retail for a lot more money that what I paid so I was curious to see the value (but more importantly history) of this garment. The label inside the jacket said 'Whistles' so I trawled the internet and haven't really had much success. Most websites say that 'Whistles' is a store rather than a brand.

"Originally founded in 1976 by Lucille and Richard Lewin, Whistles began as one small store in Marylebone selling new young designers such as Jean Paul Gaultier, Dries Van Noten and John Galliano.

Whistles aim to create something unique for the woman who loves great design, isn’t scared of a little edginess and who wants to reference but not slavishly follow trends."

This is about the extent of what I can find online. I was more hoping to find what year my garment was made. Not that I care about its value or anything superficial like that, I just simply love the jacket for what it is.

Oh and if anyone out there knows some history or even the tiniest detail about the label or the garment it would be nice to hear from you.

And if you're wondering, I paid $5(Aust) for it.

*sorry about the poor quality photo. I was just in such a hurry to get it up on the net and show it off. Will hopefully have some proper photos taken to fully show off the garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment