Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alpha60

Okay, when I said I was going to be blogging about creative sites/blogs I had a small list in mind and was set on them. But today while I was out at Westfield Chermside I happened to walk past Sportsgirl.


Now sportsgirl is an amazing store but not one that I usually enter into (high prices, you know). But in the window display was something that caught my eye and that something was Alpha60. Standing there in a subtle awe I read the brief description about the brand which told me 1. it was being sold exclusively in Sportsgirl and 2. the likes of Bloc Party and Kings of Leon have been raving about this line.


Hailing from a rose farm in Canberra this brother-sister duo and Alpha60 designers Alex and Georgie Cleary have come a long way since they emerged on Australia's fashion scene.

"Launching their Melbourne-based label in 2005 alongside a Vivienne Westwood Retrospective at the National Gallery of Australia, the Alpha60 collection has flourished into a unique, inimitable label known for its fresh take on classic styles and cuts, reflecting a 'sophisticated quirk' unique to the brand."

Alpha60 to me is exactly what I want in an outfit; pretty with a laid back vibe. Pretty embellishments, interesting prints and oozing 'downtown luxe', this label is wearable and practical while still maintaining that designer edge. What I personally like about the label is the ability for the t-shirts to be uni-sex.



Well done Sportsgirl.
If you want to see/read more about this label hit up www.sportsgirl.com.au and www.alpha60.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment