Thursday, February 18, 2010

whats going on in the bedroom?

absolutely zip. I mean like my room and everything but it just isn't doing it for me anymore.
So I have been reading magazines, searching the internet and racking my brain for beautiful and inexpensive ways to make my room my haven.

What I want to achieve for my bedroom:
1. enhance creativity and relaxation
2. be my retreat after a busy or boring day
3. reflect me
4. showcase my creativity
5. make use of the small space

My room isn't the smallest in the house (I made sure I shotgunned the largest bedroom I could when we moved), but because of the position of the door, wardrobe and window it does make re-arranging my existing furniture a little hard.
so my biggest plan is basically starting over again. I don't need my desk anymore (and it does take up a lot of space) so i'll put that into storage. Hopefully convince my rents to let me move my sewing desk (which i pleaded my parents for) to be moved into the office. That just leaves my book case and bed.
My book case is fine, that'll be staying but my bed... well it's a single. and considering that my younger brother even has a double bed, I think it's time i upgraded. I know this will take up a lot of space so I have invested my time and knowledge into finding ways to use space efficiently.





Other problems with bedroom:
1. no ceiling fan
2. no bed side lamp

Everything will just be a matter of pestering the rents and them letting me turn my dingy bedroom into a wondrous retreat.
Well if I have any breakthroughs blogspot will be the first to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment